Asian American Coalition For Education offers Weekend Chinese School. This program is geared toward students who grew up in the U.S. and toward adopted children as young as 4 years old. There is no upper age limit.
Teaching is primarily done in Chinese pinyin with the use of both simplified and traditional characters.
Teachers use the most popular current Chinese teaching texts entitled “Chinese” and supplement their lessons with various other materials including after-class audio learning.
All tutors are bilingual, have degrees from Chinese and U.S. colleges, have many years of teaching experience, and are able to explain Chinese texts in English. Practice and learning environments are lively and interesting. The aim of the program is to get the best possible results in the shortest possible time.
Chinese School Program Features
- Clear focus is placed on the goals of individual students.
- Lessons aim to achieve an overall improvement in listening, speaking, and writing abilities.
- Diplomas are awarded when the following requirements are met:
- Completion of 12 Chinese textbooks with passing grades
- Reaching test standards in AP courses (above 3.2)
- Reaching national SAT2 Chinese test standards (score of 600 and above)
- Reaching HSK (Chinese proficiency test for foreign students) standard intermediate level and above. Course reviews are organized for students so that they can participate in different types of unified tests, in order to evaluate the performance of our teachers and students
- Students are encouraged to send their writing in Chinese for publication in newspapers and magazines.
- Students are trained to participate in speech and recitation contests. The AACE will try to obtain scholarships from Chinese communities, government agencies, and companies for outstanding students so that recipients can visit China in the summer at a low cost or free of charge.
Enrollment is open year-round with sessions in the fall, spring, and summer.
Talk to Us
Please contact us at 718-229-1368 / 718-570-2202 / 718-229-4518 if you need any additional information about this program. You may also enroll now.